Monday, April 27, 2015

Final Post

What have I learned?

I've grown personally and professionally this semester. I've moved my family to another state in order to meet a new professional challenge. I'm pursuing this new opportunity, in part, because of the learning I've been doing in this program. Moving into a new district has steepened my learning curve. Many of the issues in need of a solution are similar, but the resources the new district has are limited. I have been energized by the people and their willingness to openly discuss new ideas. I think the recent scarcity of resources they've seen creates more open mindset.

The focus this class brings to bare on relative advantage is a good one. Society at large is enamored with new technology. I often find myself and respected colleagues getting carried away with what the tool can do. I am capable of defeating my best efforts if I'm building systems that only entrench traditional models of learning. Therefore, continuing to think deeply about learning theory is among the most important work I'm doing in the program. I look forward to seeing how my practice evolves from the conversations generated by our discussion of UDL.

I've gained more perspective on lesson planning around standards. As someone without teaching background I find this very valuable. Pretending to be a teacher comes at a cost, however. I did not feel as connected to some of the projects if I thought the project would not ever be used in the real world. I do think the projects connected to the standards.

My Blogging Performance

I am pleased with my effort on my blog. When I am doing it, it feels forced. When I look back on it, I can see how it can develop into a resource. Writing for me is very deliberate and a bit painful, however, being forced to do regularly has given me a new perspective. I've started a new blog that I intend to use as an informal communications tool with staff in my new district.

Responses to classmate blogs were not as strong as they could have been and my resources are good, but not extensive. 

Content: 70/70, Resources: 10/20, Timeliness: 15/20, Responses 15/30

No comments:

Post a Comment