Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Benefits of Using Multimedia in Class


References

Guernsey, L. (2013, April 15). The smart way to use ipads in the classroom: It's not about the games or educational apps. Retrieved from: http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2013/04/ipads_in_the_classroom_the_right_way_to_use_them_demonstrated_by_a_swiss.html

Roblyer, M.D., & Doering, A.H. (2013). Integrating educational technology into teaching. Upper River Saddle, NJ: Pearson Education, Inc.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Tim - I enjoyed your recap, well done. I think one of the big upsides to video creation by students is when the results (their products) can be seen by others. Posting to a class website/blog, making the videos available via a YouTube class group, etc. widen the audience - to classmates, parents, friends, ultimately, the world. I know personally when other people - not 'just' the teacher - are going to see my work, I tend to want to ensure it's really good. What do you think?

    Again, enjoyed your post - thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gene - Thanks for the comment. I very much agree with your point. Video creation has become so easy to navigate and publish. It can be done on the fly. I attempted to convince staff at one of the elementary schools I support that we ought to write a grant proposal based on the idea that video is the new pen. I was disappointed that there wasn't enough support for that idea to write the grant. I'm still working on them.

    ReplyDelete